Five-Hour Phone Conversations

Friday, January 27, 2006

Heaven Help Us

What happens when we die? What is that exact moment like when we are passing over? My Aunt Helen passed away in December so this question has journeyed through my physche more than once. And I just wanted to put it out there to anyone who feels like answering. Personally, I'm scared to find out. But fascinated, as well.

On a smaller note, I want to give a shout out to Mikey for inspiring me with his "Listening to" series, to start doing the same with my books.

Just read: He's Just No That Into You By Greg Behrendt
Currently reading: Good Harbor by Anita Diamont

4 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Tom said...

So, Maggie, why don't you just put out the very question that philosophers have been pondering since the dawn of civilization.

It's because of this blog, that I just can't make anymore "Metallica Rules!" articles. I feel so shallow about it, now.

Well, if you want my perspective, I truly believe that something incredible awaits us after we've "shuffled off this mortal coil." Whether it's being reincarnated as a cow, or sitting on a cloud playing the harp, or whining with Robin Williams in "Paint Land," I don't know. But I feel confident that whatever it will be, it'll be beyond what our mortal minds can comprehend. We're gonna find out that there is so much more to existence than we ever realized.

-Mohammad Tom

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Chris said...

There is no longer any perception, like seeing, smelling, hearing, tasting, or feeling. Those are methods by which the body observers the world. A new and indescribable perception will emerge, one that the human brain can not comprehend. The “soul perception” is what rules in the afterlife. Which I believe, will enable us to communicate with God.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Chris, did you get that quote from somewhere, or did you come up with that yourself?

Dang, that was deep!

And I'm inclined to agree!
-Tom

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I thought of it myself...thanks jigga

 

Post a Comment

<< Home