Five-Hour Phone Conversations

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

So, a new year begins. Sans hangover. I have no resolutions, just a list of things I hope to accomplish. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Save at least $6,000.
2. Get back in shape. This one shouldn't be so hard. My old gym, New York San Da (www.nysanda.com), asked me back to be an instructor. I'll be teaching heavy bag classes, resistance training, and cardio classes. Did I mention it's a martial arts gym? The kickboxing team has won all sorts of awards. So bring your glove and wraps. For the guys, don't forget your cups!
3. Be nicer at work. This may be hard since I work for a micromanager and got NO RAISE this year.
4. Put a nice dent in my reading list. It's gotten so long, I had to computerize it.
5. Convince Chris that's it's OK to eat broccoli. He has this aversion to anything green.
6. Get more people to leave comments on this blog. It's not doing so well in that department, save for Chris (shesanicegirl.blogspot.com) and Tom (mrsparklet.blogspot.com), my fellow bloggers.
7. Get out to volunteer more. I'm in the process of signing up for another Habitat for Humanity (www.habitat.org) build. So far I've been to New Zealand, Poland, and Hawaii. This build in September will be in Pititsi (Pea-tesht), Romania. It will be my first in almost two-and-a-half years. Hawaii, although absolutely fabulous, is only good enough for perfect vacations. Don't go there expecting to get any work done. Because you won't.

What do you hope to accomplish in 2006? So far, Chris is volunteering in Mississippi and Tom gets to finally cut into his med school cadaver.

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Oh great. So you and Chris are volunteering, and I'm cutting up dead bodies.

I'm pretty jealous of your resolutions. Simply desiring those things oughta be a goal for others.

As for me, I want to be back to my fighting trim of 1999, so I'll look good for the wedding pictures (and also be healthier and all that jazz)

And truly truly truly, I say unto you, getting people at large to comment on blogs is like pulling teeth. Thank you, by the way, for all your contributions!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Good luck with getting your boyfriend to eat broci-yuck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home