Five-Hour Phone Conversations

Friday, January 06, 2006

Things That Make You Go Hmm...

My office building put in a Starbucks last year. Bad move! Anyway, moving on. The building also happens to be across Park Avenue from a Yeshiva University dorm. Yesterday as I'm waiting for my decaf, grande, skim, no-whip Mocha (just try and say it five times fast), three Yeshiva girls were waiting for their order. As the tallest girl received her Venti drink (coincidence; for those unschooled in the art of ordering at the 'Buck, Venti is the tallest drink), she softly muttered a what-I-can-only-imagine-to-be Hebrew blessing. Only once before have I seen such an unexpected moment. The first was a few years ago right outside of Penn Station. Carla and I were walking to work and as we passed a small church at the same time as a young man, he blessed himself. We just kind of looked at one another saying, "Ohh...." I've thought about that moment a lot over the years. Don't really know why. It was just so touching.

Tear.....

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Hmmmm...

And here I thought you were righting about the hit single by C&C Music Factory back in the early '90's...

shucks!
-Tom

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Chris said...

La'high-ummmmmm?

Some people are more religous than others...

I wish I had their conviction sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home