Five-Hour Phone Conversations

Friday, January 20, 2006

Why?

Do we drive on parkways and park in driveways?

Do celebs get all the free swag when they can pay for it?

Are air marshals so conspicuous?

Is Michael Musto of The Village Voice so arrogant?

Is James Frey getting ripped a new one for embellishing a few details? Whatever happened to the old adage, "Just because it's in print doesn't mean it's true"?

Why does James Wolcott feel the need to blow smoke up Michael Moore's ass? See the current issue of "Vanity Fair" with Lolita Lohan on the cover.

Why is no one commenting on my blog?

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Hey!

What am I, mashed potatoes?

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Because.

There actually is a serious answer about the parkways and driveways answer, but it's more fun to just ponder the incongruencies of the English language.

"Celebs" also buy $100 t-shirts made to resemble faded rock band shirts. I bought mine for $15, unfaded! Ha! Stupid celebrities...

I suppose we could have Ninja Air Marshals that come out of nowhere to beat up a disruptive passenger... but I guess it takes less effort to just plunk a 250 pound dude in the front seat with a big sign that says, "I am an air marshal. Don't mess with me."

I've never read Michael Musto, but if it's in The Village Voice, it's a safe bet that he is arrogant, and probably wrong. ZING!

If the James Frey book you're talking about is the one about the guy who was an addict and didn't 100% accurately relate a perfect transcript of things he did while under the influence... I can't imagine why we're arguing this one, folks. Most guys can't even verbally explain what they did the night before, let alone things they did years ago as an addict. People just love to argue, I think.

I don't know about this James Wolcott guy, but anything blown up Michael Moore's prodigious ass is probably a good thing. ZING, again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home