Five-Hour Phone Conversations

Thursday, June 16, 2005

It starts....

Can you remember no love, pride, deep-fried chicken, your best friend always sticking up for you, even when I know you're wrong?
Can you imagine no first dance, freeze-dried romance, five-hour phone conversation, the best soy latte that you ever had, and me?

Ahh, the poetic wonder that is Train. If you haven't guessed by now, I am a huge fan of Pat Monaghan and the boys. Solidified by an acoustic set they did at a Tower Records in the Village two years ago. Absolutely phenomenal. If only they'd tour more often. "Meet Virginia"--their best song, by far, tied with "Drops of Jupiter," "My Private Nation," "I'm About to Come Alive." Somebody stop me. If you've ever seen the band perform, you know what I'm talking about: They actually look like they are having fun out there. No mindless head-bobbing, or lip-synching (Britney, are you there?). Voices that can carry a tune, singers that crafted their own career, that weren't churned out by the Disney assembly line.

Seriously, someone shut me up now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home